Thursday, May 10, 2012

life's guiding pulse



You know I was sitting here tonight with my boys, watching them move around clumsily, yet with more grace than before and realizing that unless I slow down more, and pause for a moment to really etch these memories into my heart, someday many of them will slip away. They may become, but THIS moment, and nothing more. But they are all worth so much more.

So many things are worth pausing for, to sit in wonder while drinking every little detail in, down to the smell of the kitchen dinner behind me, the sounds of their small, LOUD feet playing bball on the hardwood, and that amazing hand screened train shirt I got a couple years ago for Bman while in Santa Fe, now being worn by my rapidly growing 3 year old, Cooper...

Pause and DRINK it in as much as you can because these memories are fleeting, as life so quickly transitions. Carry the memories that MAGNIFY your presence in each moment, because before you know it life's next shiny object may catch your attention and you will forget this joyful moment, and what it feels like to be here. These moments add structure and strength to your heart. Life's guiding pulse!


Much love,

L.

No comments: