Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Our present is simply our past manifested...



I was speaking with a friend tonight- we are both writers, and both soulful and deeply spiritual beings.  An ancient journal of mine that recently resurfaced ended up on the table as we talked tonight.  As we were flipping through it and I was sharing bits and pieces that were poignantly relevant to our conversation, I came across an entry I wrote in September of 2009 that facilitated the birth of my blog, though I did not realize it at the time.  It got me thinking about how things come to fruition.

It truly is our thoughts that create our world, and its guiding vibration.  Back in 2009, I was really struggling with a handful of things: depression and old, ill-serving patterns particularly- yet despite the emotional roller coaster ride I traveled frequently, I believed and thought that life was something far greater, richer, and more engaging than the experiences and emotions I was being swept away by all too often; and so, over time, I found my way back to that reality.

The thoughts created the strength and space in me required to confront and heal the wounded places in my soul and psyche, so that I could be restored, integrated and re-emerge in this life- a new woman- humbled, alive, fearless, grateful, engaged, weightless, free- full of love and light. 

Recognize that this moment- this perhaps, uncomfortable and challenging time, has already been created. So even as you may be suffering in it- any work you do from this moment forward, your heartfelt beliefs, and guiding thoughts can lead you from this place of discomfort and you CAN shift your future. Our present is simply our past manifested. Things can always change, but you must plant the seeds of new life, and water them. You must also weed your garden bed, or the weeds will keep re-emerging, imposing on the growth and development of those new seeds...

For you Cai- the journal entry that inspired this blog: Subway Lights

9/13/09
The sounds of my life-
I wish I could record them for you- to hold in your heart.
I watch Cooper James & Bman chase each other around the house-
a laugh extending from Cooper that is deep & full.
A rainbow of emotions flit through my body-
like lights flashing through the night windows on a subway.
It is funny how out of touch I can sometimes get with my feelings.
The rhythmic pulsing, the shift in note-
hard to trust,
get comfortable with.
The space in my breath decreases,
constricted by the night without stars, or even the moon.
I must find my light again,
reach out for the sun...
FILL me up...
it will- until it burst from my fingertips.
Find that vibration expelling goodness,
find its rhythmic pulse.
Don't lose that note.
Breathing now...
Deep,
FULL...
breathing now.
I find my beat again- I remember.
I am on my way back.
LOVE!

May your own recognitions of the light and darkness, and the full spectrum we will travel at different moments throughout our lifetime, allow you to remain grounded and strong, authentic and raw despite whatever challenge life honors you with.  You are never alone in your journey- we have all been asked to rise from the ashes. 

Peace be,

Lindsay

No comments: