Monday, December 20, 2010

Snow Falls

Outside snow falls and my heart swirls just as the snowflakes falling to the ground.  I am having one of those periods in my life where the universe seems to be testing me and my commitment to the words I seek to cloak myself in daily:
One- Life is fluid and ever changing- all you will ever know is this moment; you can't count on the future
Two- Trust all things are as they should when you are working hard in your life to make the best choices for yourself and your family
Three- Love with all your heart...even when pain may be met on the other side of things; and understand that it will be no matter how hard you try to avoid it
Four- Be honest about who you are and what you feel; live the most authentic life possible
Five- I can only control my actions- nothing more, nothing less
Six-  Life is beautiful and the foundation is simple, but this does not exist without moments of extraordinary suffering and hardship; and when you arrive in these moments you must be prepared to work hard to restore the light in your life
Seven-  The darker days assist to make the beautiful ones that much brighter; a humbled life keeps us anchored
Eight-  Even if I don't understand this moment and its challenges, accepting that it is what it is and remembering that life will continue on beyond this moment is my responsibility
Nine- It is possible to love your life and meet most days with a heart full of gratitude, but still feel very sad some days and disconnected from the larger reality- this truth does not have to disrupt my core
Ten- This too shall pass and after the snow falls, there will be sunshine again and I will be greeted by a new day full of possibility and wonder
Eleven-  Trust that if you are doing the very best that you can in every moment; it is okay if you sometimes look back and realize some choices were mistakes- be confident that even with detours, life will still reveal its best path, just with an alternative itinerary
Twelve- Be open to life because sometimes it will throw you curve balls you never even imagined for yourself- (always keep soul shaking music handy to help you navigate the curve balls)
Lucky Thirteen- Trust your heart; it understands what is best for you, even if it leads you into the shadows before revealing the light

Peace be,

L.            

3 comments:

Anna Ermarth said...

Don't give up on this blog. Life has its ambiguity and its clearness. But it's the moments in-between those, in which we live and mold ourselves...

Your writings are beautiful and graceful, and I love seeing new posts. Keep 'em coming. Form of therapy, ya know?

I love you lots and think you're spectacular. You've come so far from that Linds I knew as an adolescent. You're a strong woman and I have wonderful moments of bragging about you, in my day-to-day conversations. xxxooo.

Tina said...

If you keep blogging, I will! We both have a lot to say, and just need some support to say it! Love, Tina

Lindsay said...

Tina, I cannot stop if I want. I am in a creative cycle that is leaving me little room for rest. Definitely birthing lots of things right now. I look forward to my 'down' period, full of rest and reflection. I have never felt quite as active and vocal as I do now. It is fun and fulfilling, but very exhausting! ;) Please keep sharing your wisdom- it has always been one of my favorite things! xx, L.